Right in the heart of the Colombian Caribbean, in Isla Grande near Cartagena, LOCAL HOUSE ISLA is located in a unique hostel community called “HOSTALES PARAISO SECRETO” where there are 7 different hostel in the same property, there we offer unforgettable activities like kayaking through mangrove tunnels at sunset, night swimming in the enchanted glowing lagoon, snorkeling in beautiful reefs, dancing champeta with the locals on Friday and Saturday, underwater sub-wing and beach bong fires. We offer our guests a private white sand beach, blue waters, floating sun deck, pool, restaurant and bar in an ECO FRIENDLY environment. Come stay with us and just GET OFF THE GRID, relax and enjoy nature.
When you’re done with your activities or hangin’ at the beach and pool come relax in our beautiful House built with a French Caribbean Flair, decorated with a cool, creative vibe, with hand painted tiles, contemporary art, where we have a large guest kitchen and plenty of space in our backyard deck to make new friends and relax.
Just show up with your swimsuit and sunscreen and we’ll provide the rest!
FREE Amenities including:
- Free white linens
- Mosquito nets
Local House Hostel welcomes travelers from all over the world. At check in, international guests must present a valid passport. Colombian residents must present valid government issued identification (ie: driver’s license, ID card, and passport). We don’t accept anyone under 18.
Please note that the prices listed here do not include 19% IVA tax for Colombians and any international traveler with any visa other than tourist visa. Tax will be added at check in and will be detailed in hostel’s confirmation email.
When paying with a credit or debit card a 5% surcharge is added to the bill.
How to get There:
- You must take a boat from Cartagena to Isla Grande, it takes around 1 hour, we like to use the services of Mary Cartagena Travel, contact them at least one day in advance to organize your pick up the day of your reservation. Their number is +57 310-655-5905 or go to their office at Calle del Espiritu Santo #29-22 in Getsemani.
- If you couldn’t contact them in advance, be sure to be before 8:30 am in el Muelle de la Bodeguita and look for Marycruz in window # 8, tell her you’re going to Local House in Isla Grande.
- She will sell you a space in one of the boats that go to the island. I recommend you buy only one-way ticket, because being on the island you may want to stay more days and we will help you buy your return ticket.
- When you’re in the boat, you must inform the captain to drop you at our beach “Playa Paraiso Secreto”.
Local House Isla wants you to enjoy our island with a Local Point creating unforgettable experiences by connecting a free spirited traveler with our local knowledge because in Local House WE ARE ALL LOCAL!!!
Now that you know how to get there, these are things that you better bring from Cartagena:
- Bug Repellent
- Diving mask
- Your swimsuit and sunscreen we will provide the rest!
In Paraiso Secreto we offer different activities to fully enjoy and experience the island, we suggest that you try as many or all, so your experience here is unforgettable:
- Night swim in the enchanted lagoon (Must Do)
- Snorkeling in any reef of the island
- Sunset Kayak trip through the mangroves
- Eat at Pola’s restaurant
- Go to the village and dance champeta with the locals (Fri and Sat)
- Visit Rosario Island and its pristine beaches
Local House Hostel Isla Grande’s Policies & Conditions:
Check in from 14:00 or sooner if room is available.
Check out before 11:00.
Payment upon arrival by cash, credit cards (+5%), debit cards (+5%).
Taxes not included 19.00% (only for Colombians and Colombia residents).
Cancellation policy: 48 hours before arrival.
Breakfast not included.
No children under 18 years old.
Reception desk available from 09:00 to 18:00.